Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sanctity of Life

These past few months find me praying for many who have been diagnosed with cancer. I don't like it, but I have learned the hard way that God doesn't answer my "why" questions. He is teaching me which questions to ask and opening my spirit to deeper understanding.
My questioning has led me to focus on God's holiness, and His glory. He can be glorified in life and in death. He can be glorified in health and in sickness. Wow, this seems to me both miraculous and quite supernatural. He is giving me eyes to see greater mysteries than what lies merely on the surface. These discoveries keep Kingdom life exciting and build my faith in Him.

I have been meditating on the wonder of human life......the tremendous beauty of humanity. ...the sanctity of life. The meaning of sanctity is "holiness and the fact of being sacred." I am in awe of how fragile we are, held together by wonders too numerous to imagine. I think of all the brave souls who have gone before me, and I am struck with a deep sense of holiness in their struggle to live. Not just their fight, but the battles of their loved ones who contended in faith for their healing. This struggle to hang onto life, to cling to life not giving up or giving in even with horrible pain and against all odds and diagnoses; this is a very sacred thing. I can just see the angels watching in quiet awe of these sacred moments of humanity, then turning to the Father to worship Him for the wonders of His creation.
We know that we have been given life eternal, and I am not making light of that gift for it is what we hang on to in our loss. But even Jesus, when faced with His own death, asked if there might be a way out of it.....understanding the value of His own life here on earth....the sanctity of life.

This day, I have been made even more aware of how very spectacular this life is, human life....God's creation. And today I find myself in awe of every person I have known who has fought to hang on to life.
I believe that the fight itself is a gift to the Father.......an ultimate acknowledgment of His creation, in some cases a final act of worship. I believe that in contending for healing and fighting to live, one joins with God placing value on the very life He created. I think that by honoring life with such a brave display of courage, God is surely glorified.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...