Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I'm Positive

I have often been accused of being a positive person. I say "accused" because it is rarely said in the form of a compliment. Yes, even within "Christian" circles, I have heard it said "You are just a positive person"...as if that is somehow a bad thing. Well, I would say that if you are not used to "looking on the bright side"...you might just be on the wrong side!

I am definitely a positive person. And in case you don't know this, God is a positive person also! Everything about Him is positive! He is positively full of joy! He will positively pursue us with intentional love. And once He has a hold of us, He will never ever let us go! He is for us, not against us. When I am weak, His strength will positively show up...to me and through me. He has convinced me that in every situation He is working good! I can positively rely on Him, for He has never, ever failed to show me His kindness.
I am positive that He is good!

Because of Him, I am able to see the positive in people, and in situations. When we look from God's perspective, we will no longer see the negative, because there is no void. God is always creating, working, and moving on our behalf, so we become positive that all is well.

Think about the positive end of a battery or anything else...the symbol is a plus sign! Plus means addition! Seek first God's Kingdom, and everything else will be added unto you! That's pretty positive, I'd say!

Positive: consisting in or characterized by the presence or possession of features or qualities rather than their absence.

When I am positive, I possess something! I possess the very quality of the Trinity! And I think that's positively awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...