Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Battle Scarred

I have read a lot of things lately on spiritual warfare and warring in the spirit......what does it mean? I am serious, I don't think I even get it. Do they mean we are to get mad, get angry....shout.....curse the devil and then quote Scripture at him? I know our weapons are not carnal.....but then what are they? I feel like the only weapon I know how to use is the weapon of worship and honestly I wield it mostly to survive. But is that enough? Am I warring enough? Am I enough of a threat to my enemy? My battle takes place most often in my mind, in my affections. Will I give up and turn to other lovers; or will I keep my face turned toward the face of the Lover of my soul? Will I trust Him even when everything screams I am a fool for doing so? Will I continue to wait on Him.....for days....weeks.....years? Will I walk in joy in the midst of terrible sorrow? Will I remain upright when all I want to do is stay in bed, pulling the covers over my head? Will I continue to believe when I see no results? Will I continue to pray when I see no answers? Will I continue to love even when love is not returned? Will I choose to forgive knowing it will be required of me again and again? Can I keep my heart open when it hurts so deeply? Will I protect myself or trust? This is my battle. So will I take the battle into my own hands, or will I choose to trust the Man who saved me? Is He really trustworthy? Does He really have my back? Is He truly good? Though this day, this moment, my feelings betray me.....my spirit knows the answer. Therefore, the battle is won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...