Friday, September 20, 2019

I Am

In love
I want to buy a box
A beautiful expensive alabaster box...
I want to break this box of fragrant oil 
Over you
In worship

And you say to me
That I am the broken box of perfume
The alabaster box that
I thought would please you
The box that seemed so beautiful

The box of religion
In which I dwelt
The perfect box
The box that had to break...

The beautiful box which must be broken
To release the beauty and fragrance
This box of alabaster
A stone soft enough for carving

Yet not just carved and shaped...
But completely broken
Releasing the fragrant beauty

The aroma came forth
From the spikenard within, bringing
Relaxation and and joy
Releasing me from the confines
Of the alabaster box

This is the beauty of you
The fragrance for you
The fragrance of you...

And this is my beauty
This is me
And in my brokenness
The aroma of worship is released
I am...that box




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...