Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Lotta Do Do

It crept in quietly while we weren't paying attention, sneaking in to our lives and changing everything. Just two little letters have infused our language while we weren't paying attention. This language we used to speak. But we don't speak a language anymore. We "do" English.

Just like we don't play sports, we "do" basketball, or we "do" football. "How is your son?" "Oh, he's good...he's doing baseball this year. Last year he did football, but now he wants to do baseball." (This is a conversation I overheard while waiting at the dentist yesterday.

"Are you gonna do dinner tonight, or are we going out?"

We used to paint. Now we "do" art.

I used to clean house, now I "do" my cleaning.

Music used to be played and practiced, but now we "do" music.

Do do!! It's everywhere! Now that I've pointed it out, you will notice it too.

Just a subtle change...just two little letters.

I am not sure it matters. I know I can't stop it any more than I can stop myself from wondering how it got in? When did everything change? When did "do" take over?

It's just something that I find myself pondering. Yep, that's me. I do pondering. This is what happens when a person has way too much time on her hands. Oh well, what's a woman to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...