Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Book?

I was pondering with God the other day, and realized that I've lived through a lot. Sort of like I have lived a bunch of different lives. There was my young hanging-out-with-the-rich-and-famous life. Then the farm years with all of the animal stories. And let's not forget my more recent living-in-an-RV adventures. Yep, I have a lot of stories.

Having just gone back through some old blog posts and letters, and because I am a writer (there, I said it for the first time), I was thinking about how I would love to publish a book of short stories, just a few pages each...to leave behind for my grandkids. So they would know me. Sort of a recap of the most interesting times of my life. I mean, they know me...but I would love for them and their children to really know me, and what better way than through personal stories...little snippets of my life?

So, I'm talking to God and telling him, "I think I wanna do this. I want to compile these stories and share with them who I am. In a book. Yeah. A book of stories. That would be cool.  Don't you think that's a good idea?"

And He said "Yes I do!" Then in His perfect comedic timing He said, "You know...I did that myself." (smile)

Oh my gosh!! Yes you did!!! (laughter)

We're funny, huh God?

"Yes, my dear. We are delightful."

He totally gets me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...