Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Gay Thoughts




I don't know much. I admit it. But I have known and loved gay people all of my life. These friends have been some of the kindest and most good hearted people to cross my path. Since becoming a follower of Jesus over 20 years ago, they tell me I am supposed to shun these dear people. Well if not shun them, then at least make sure they know their wicked and sinful ways are unacceptable to God...and to me!

But I cannot. I just don't see it as my job to condemn others. I also do not see it commanded that I try to change people or convict them of any "sin." From what I read, that is the job of the Spirit.

I also can't find the command telling me it is my duty to change a secular government system to conform to "godly" standards. I see where I am told to pray for my leaders. So I do that.

My "duty" as Jesus puts it, is to love God...and love others. To live humbly before my God. To serve others. My job is to love others as I love myself. To have grace for them, as He has had grace for me...and continues to have...every day.

My privilege is to see the Divine in every other human being, because God says we are ALL created in His image.

And my Bible tells me that Jesus died for us all. Every one of us. Yes...even people who are gay. (gasp)

So I am going to focus on loving God. And I will leave the rest of it up to Him. But I will continue to love, and allow Him to love through me. It is the one thing that I know for sure. And it keeps me feeling gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...