Thursday, September 1, 2011

Eye Salve

I have been praying for at least a year for the eye salve...so that I can "see"...and crying out that I want to see Jesus. I want my eyes opened to His Kingdom. I want His perspective. I want to see His face. I want to look into His eyes. This has been the cry of my heart.

My eyes are open...open to the fact that the answer to this prayer, this desire, is not exactly what I had in mind. To have my eyes opened, and to truly see is to be made painfully aware of the needs around me. If I can see, then I must look...and in looking, see Jesus...in the brokenness, the pain, and the lost eyes of so many. If my eyes are open and I can see...then I must look and not turn away. Because Jesus is there, in all of them...I can see Him in the hurting, the lost, the angry, the depressed, the tormented and the addicted. He is there.

I asked for the eye salve so that I could see Jesus...and now I see. I see Him everywhere, all around me. The eye salve has been applied, and I am no longer blind. Certainly gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "I once was blind, but now I see." 

1 comment:

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...