Monday, October 25, 2010

Slime

While doing laundry today, in the rain, in my little trailer, I walked by the sink in my bedroom where the carpet switches to bare floor and I slipped and almost went down. I figured there must have been some water or something on the floor and went about my business.

The next time I went by to check on the clothes in the dryer, it happened again. What the heck? I looked back on the floor and didn't see a thing. Walking back by I skidded like I was on an icy sidewalk. What is going on here? Upon further inspection, I noticed some sort of clear fluid running out from under the door of the cupboard under the sink.

If you are a woman you have probably had some experience with a hair product called "smoothing serum" which gives your sometimes frizzy hair a smoother finish. If you are a man I most likely lost you way back when I mentioned laundry. Anyway, an almost full bottle of hair smoothing serum was upside down in my cupboard and had leaked its slime literally all over the place, "the place" being not very big because I live in a trailer, but still.....it was a mess.

I wiped, I washed, I ran hot water over, and nothing seemed to remove the slime....neither from the floor nor off of the many other items which were encased in the cupboard with the offender. I had a real challenge on my hands. Would I curse and grumble, only making matters worse? Miraculously I did neither!
 
Well, you know me and how God speaks to me in all things and all situations good and bad (this was definitely the latter), so while I was cleaning up the slimey substance I was noting how invisible it was to the naked eye. I had to feel around to find where the slime lake began and ended. Invisible slime.

We have a saying among my friends, when someone says or does something to us that hurts or causes us to feel like we have plopped down out of the Kingdom and into the false reality of this world, we say "I was slimed".
Like the hair product, we usually can't see the slime coming. It comes on us quickly, and causes us to slip out of the love God wants us to walk in, and into sort of a self-protecting state. We hurt when we are slimed. It is yukky, and we want it off. Often we react to slime and the situation only gets uglier.

Back to the mess in my bathroom. What did I finally use to clean it up? Oh you are gonna really like this!! I used a wonderful little cleaner called "Fantastic"! Aha! I can sense you are tying this all together in your brains and I probably don't even need to write further.....but I will anyway because this is my blog.

It occurred to me that just like I reached for Fantastic to get rid of the slimey mess in my bathroom, when we find ourselves slimed by the words or actions of others.....we can reach out for our "Fantastic" God and He will clean us right off!! I mean, He is right there with all of His Fantastic love and Fantastic power, just waiting for us to reach for Him so He can wash the offending slime off! But I suggest you do it quickly, before you slip!

1 comment:

  1. I can relate, with application and removal sometimes the removal can be painful..

    ReplyDelete

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...