Monday, November 12, 2018

The Angry Man

I met a man the other day, an angry man it seemed. He had a scowl on his face as he approached me in the grocery store. He said something about Moses and how nobody believed him and they all died. OK...

Then he said nobody believes Jesus rose again either. I said "I do! And He lives in me, and I love Him!"

He wasn't satisfied. In fact, it seemed to make him angrier. He harrumphed and said "There's a lot of work to do." OK...

I told him I am from Oregon. He said "What church? Because there's a lot of work to be done and nobody's doing the work!"

At one point he changed the subject to how nice the weather is here in Arizona. I said yes, it is beautiful. He said, "I come for the weather, not the people!" I was so surprised. I said "Really? I love the people!" He said he loves them, and God loves them too. So He's sending them into the lake of fire and hell. 

I'm not sure he knows the same God I know.
And I'm very sure he shouldn't be out trying to tell people about the God he knows. 

When he walked away I was sad...very sad...for the angry old man who created an angry God..just like himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...