Tuesday, September 4, 2018

If I Could Teach a Man

If I could teach a man...if a woman could speak frankly and honestly to men...this is what I would say:

You are not walking in your power, brothers. I see you hiding...behind a remote control, or a game controller. I see you checked out with a beer in your hand. I know you feel hopeless, like a failure. I know it seems easier to just go with the flow...instead of making waves of your own. But we need you. The world needs you to stand up, rise up, and walk in your power. Because the battle rages on...whether you are disconnected from it or not...the battle is real...and right now some of us feel like we're fighting alone...like you've abandoned your posts.

I see you there, hanging around not sure where your place is. I think you are aware of the need, but afraid you don't have what it takes to fill it. You have backed away. You have believed a lie...a lot of lies...and you're no longer sure what is true.

There is a place for you, my Brothers. There is a place on the battle field...where you will feel alive and purposeful and like the men you were created to be. You have so much power. You hold the power to steer your wife and children in the right direction. You have the power to right the ship and to hold off the attacks of the enemy who has been unleashed against your loved ones. As you kneel, you will be given all of the power to stand. Your words can move mountains in the hearts of those whom you love...who are waiting to hear you speak.

By seeing and appreciating her and pursuing her...you have the power to make your wife blossom in beauty...in strength...and in the safety of your love. She holds her breath and her tears, just waiting and hoping you might take her hands and pray with her.

You can speak of God to your children, my brothers. You can share your hopes, your dreams, your failures and regrets...and teach them of the miraculous grace of a God who loves them...the God you love. You don't have to avoid the conversations. You have been given all that you need...and all that they need from their father.

Oh dear men...there is so much for you to do and so much of you to be...
If I could, I would tell you these things.
If I could teach you, I would remind you of how amazing you are...and how very important you are to your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...