Thursday, June 18, 2015

Progress



Writing...no longer pen to paper...but fingers to keyboard...progress.
Progress...all of our progress...sucking the life out of us.

Progress...life...moving so fast...a blur, glimpsed from the back seat of an old Studebaker screaming down the highway of my youth...before there were limits on speed. Life...with no limits. 

Life...so wild, so crazy at times. Wanna tie it down to get my hands around it...wanna control it.

Control...illusion...not living at all.

Can't know what lies around the next bend in the road...need courage to keep going...scared of getting lost in the unknowns and pits and ditches and bad weather and flat tires and broken down dreams scattered along the highway of regret. 

More time...tomorrow looming large in front of me...wear it like a talisman around my neck...wrapping all of my hopes and dreams up in it. Tomorrow...ignoring today...numb to this moment...the only one I really have.  One day, some day, I will really live.


My life...lived well...my best reality...it's all that I am and all I can give..my bravest and most holy contribution to humanity and to Him....I have been given life by the One who is life.

Truth...so deep and profound and hard to hang onto...progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tears

This morning I read in Revelation 7:17 "And God will wipe from their eyes every last tear."  We all know that scripture. And I'...